1 cup moong dal sprouts
1 cup Denice’s homemade , delicious sauerkraut
1/2 cup tomato, chopped
2 1/2 tablespoons Balsamic- tamarind reduction
2 tablespoons of Habanero- carrot salsa
3-4 leaves Romaine lettuce, torn into bite size
1/4 cup red onion, chopped fine
1/4 cup Indian snack mix ( Bombay, Madras, Bhel choice )
- Tossed everything in a mixing bowl with half the snack mix.
- Served up with the other half sprinkled over!
KITCHEN LESSON :
Intuitive cooking by taste works very well.
- Be bold with your knowledge. Let it guide you. Knowing the taste and texture of chaat , it was seamless to use the balsamic reduction and salsa. The sauerkraut added the tart, tangy and some texture.
- Use what you have available to the best of your creativity.
- Take a moment to savor and imbibe the lesson.
- Breaking tradition is not bad. Tradition works as a good foundation.
- Don’t feel the need to label everything. This dish is just tasty food! Salad , snack, appetizer, Indian, street food ……..just tasty !