This post is inspired by the love of sisters!! Many moons ago Punita ( my sister) and Vinita took a Teapot Trail in the UK. It was about the Tea, the Teapots, the scones, dainty cucumber sandwiches and Love !! Love that creates memories of a lifetime ! Punita is an amazing person. She inspires me with her intensity!
I miss her terribly and these scones have all the love of the Tea pot Trails and more.
Inspired Scones !
- In a food processor, add flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon powder. Pulse a few seconds to mix the dry ingredients.
- Add butter, a few chunks at a time and pulse till the mixture resembles cornmeal.
- Add banana and pulse about 4-5 times.
- Add the chia and hemp seeds and lemon zest and pulse a few more times.
- Add milk in a few batches, and pulse a few times.
- Transfer the almost ball of dough to a floured surface.
- Push it together and form a disk! Flatten it to about 1 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut disk into 8 pieces. Lay them in a sheet pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-18 minutes